18 March 2010

Avee-no!

This post has been a while in the making, since I wanted to make sure that I had thoroughly tested the product before I reviewed it, especially since it's a moisturizer that's allegedly "clinically proven to even out tone and texture."
I really like Aveeno's commercials, because they're well done, emphasize the fact that Aveeno does a lot of natural products and well, they're pretty. This is not the case with Aveeno's Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer. With it's "total soy complex", Aveeno is supposed to be hydrating while evening out skin tone and texture in four weeks. I've been using it for about six weeks now, and I have not noticed improved skin tone or texture and it does not moisturize as well as I was expecting it too. Even after liberal application, I still have dry spots around my hair line and nose, which is something that I just cannot abide.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer

About the only thing that I like about Aveeno Positively Radient is the design of the bottle (the pumps dispenses product pretty well) and it has SPF 15, so that means I can skip sunscreen on my average day.

Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer



Price: $14.99 for 4 oz
Grade: C

4 comments:

  1. Hey Ash! Its Erika from Borders...well ex borders yay! Anyways. I use the regular Aveeno moisturizer...do you have any that you like better? I've been looking for a good affordable one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey doll, ex-Borders employees unite!

    I'm pretty partial to Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizer. It runs about $20 for a little over four ounces, but a little bit goes a long way and a bottle usually lasts me almost three months.
    On the lower price range, I like Clean and Clear Pore Perfecting Moisturizer. It's pretty hydrating, doesn't clog my pores like some heavier moisturizers do, and it's wallet friendly at only $6.99 for almost two ounces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! It's Alyssa (also a former employee, just wondering, I have combination skin and am trying to find a good moisturizer. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey lady, it's Amy (yet another ex Borders employee XD) I use the Jergins skin tone one and it works pretty well. It has little sparkles in it. ^^

    ReplyDelete