22 March 2010

Best Foot Forward

This past Saturday was the first day of Spring and all my sandal wearing ladies know what that means- it's time to get your feet back in shape for some heel and toe baring. I know some of us are daring and just don't really care what our feet look like and wear sandals with a Devil-may-care attitude, but most of the ladies I know would be mortified if they had visible calluses or dry skin on their hooves feet. Sure, you could go to the salon and pay upwards of $20 for a pedicure that will last about as long as it takes for you to walk to the mailbox, or you could do it at home. I choose to do it at home.
When this blog first started, I talked about how much I despise the PedEgg because of it's awkward shape, the mess it makes, and the lack of comfort in using it. Normally, I'll soak my tired toes in a foot bath and slave over them with a pumice stone, but lately, I've been going the easy route. 

Forever and ever ago, I saw an infomercial for Earth to Skin Heel Tastic Intensive Heel Therapy. I thought it was pretty hilarious, especially since it showed a woman using a belt sander to deal with her calluses, but the main thing that caught my attention was the alleged ease of use. The infomercial even shows a woman applying it to her heels and then immediately putting her sandals on! That would be amazing!  I dismissed it as one of the many too-good-to-be-true products and put it out of my head until I saw it at Walmart. At less than $10 a stick, I couldn't pass it up. I got home, applied it to my feet, and the next morning when I woke up, my feet were noticeably softer.
Wow. I seriously did not have to do anything other than apply and go to sleep. Of course, repeated use will give you better results, but I'm impressed after just one. I took a look at the ingredient list and it includes things like: coconut, soybean wax, beeswax, shea butter, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, olive oil, and something called neem and karanja oil. Since I had no idea what neem and karanja oils were, I googled them, and they seem to be mostly used in treating skin ailments, which certainly makes sense to put them in a foot cream. 
One of the first things I noticed about Heel Tastic is the odour. While it's not unpleasant, it's a bit strong, so those of you who dislike the smell of lemongrass may want to avoid it. 
Oh, and you can watch the informercial by clicking here.

Cost: Under $10
Grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment