23 September 2010

First Day of Fall!

Happy first day of fall, ladies! To celebrate the start of my favorite season, I thought I'd do a quick post about some of my favorite things!
Maybelline has some lovely plum lipsticks out right now that have a perfect shade for every skin tone, with rich, full color and a long lasting formula. I know a lot of ladies look at plum as strictly a "night" shade, but there are a lot of shades of plum that are surprisingly wearable that will transition well from day to night.
Sephora has some GORGEOUS sparkly black liner that applies smoothly, lasts a long time, and adds a little bit of drama to your day-to-day make up without looking too made up. Keep in mind, though- if you're emphasising your eyes, keep your lips light, and vice versa.
And of course, dark and glittery nails are making a come back, like they do every year. Vampy shades of red, plum, navy, and even darker shades of grey will be great manicure choices.  OPI's Swiss collection will be great to draw influence from; I've got my eyes on Glitzerland, From A to Zurich, and even Cuckoo for This Color.
Make sure your pampering your hair, because as the air gets drier, your hair will get drier and no one wants lackluster hair that looks like straw. I've mentioned Ojon as a great hair mask before, but Garnier's 3-Minute Undo works almost as well, for a fraction of the cost.  Just slather it on, allow it to sit for three minutes (or longer!) and rinse to reveal beautiful, moisturized and healthy hair.

Happy Fall!
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment