06 November 2009

A Walk on the Wild Side

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a fan of animal print, particularly leopard. It's fun, it's sassy, and a bit sexy. Last night, I got the idea to do leopard print nails, kind of a "go big or go home" personal challenge. It turned out, well... not as well as I had expected, but not bad for a first try.

Check it out:






I used NYC In A New York Color Minute in Bryant Park (base color), Milani Nail Lacquer in Brown-A-Licious (leopard spots), and NYC Long-Wearing Nail Enamel in Black Lace Cream (outline the spots) as my polishes, then standard fine-tip orange sticks to do the spots. In retrospect, because you know hindsight is 20/20, I should have just trimmed the brushes for Brown-A-Licious and Black Lace Cream to have better control and better polish distribution.

Best thing about this, though, is it only cost about five bucks to buy all three polishes and the orange sticks.

Cost: About $6
Is It Worth It: If you have the time and patience to do it and are comfortable with "out there" nails, then yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment