27 November 2010

Let's Talk Customer Service

Customer service is one of the most important things to me, not only as an avid shopper, but as someone who is studying Marketing. Word-of-mouth is possibly the most effective form of advertisement, with negative reviews garnering more attention than positive ones. With increased attention to bloggers and vloggers who share their honest opinions on products and their individual experiences with companies, there are some who really need to step-up their game. The customer is, amazingly, not always correct, but they do need to be kept happy to ensure repeat business. There are a few places that I don't actually shop with in-store (Sephora, I'm looking at you), some employees that I try to avoid altogether (streaky blue-haired useless boy at Ulta, you know who you are), and some stores that I will no longer shop with all together (CVS) due to varying forms of poor service.
Today's focus is on the level of customer service that e.l.f. provides. As ya'll know, I placed an order with them a few weeks ago and have been pretty happy with the products I received. Unfortunately, my tube of Posh arrived damaged, so I emailed their CS department to see if there was anyway I could return it for a replacement. The next morning, I woke up to an email from them that said:

We apologize for the item(s) damaged from your order.

We are sending the item(s) to you as quickly as possible and apologize for any inconvenience.


Sincerely,
the e.l.f. team
e.l.f. Cosmetics Affordable Luxury

Okay, so pretty general and to the point, but I guess not everyone can be verbose with an amazing command of the English language. Modesty. I gots it.
Anyway, ten days later, I had a lovely little parcel in my mail box that contained an unbroken tube of my beloved Posh, and I did a gleeful dance.
e.l.f. has proven themselves to be a great company to order from, not just because of their products, but because they seem to actually care whether their customers are happy, and want to fix issues before they turn into large problems.

XOXO,
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment