03 February 2010

Lather, Rinse, Don't Repeat

I'm a Clinique gal, no doubt about. I've been using their skin care line on-and-off for the past seven years and it's one of the best, if not the best skin care lines I've come across. A few weeks ago, I got a full-size tube of Clinique's Rinse-Of Foaming Cleanser Mousse, which I was extremely excited to use.

Clinique,Cleanser

The first three days I used the cleanser, I loved it- it did every thing that I want a cleanser to do, including removing all traces of that day's make up. However, on day four I noticed that my skin had become extremely dry, flakey, and red throughout my T-Zone. I was, understandably, distressed! You can't have lovely, flawless looking skin if it's red and peeling. At first, I thought that it was perhaps the colder weather we've been experiencing here in Texas, but after testing all of the products I had been using lately, I found the culprit: my Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser. Alas.

Clinique,Cleanser

If you're like me and you have normal/combination skin, I'm going to go ahead and tell you to pass on this product. BUT, if you have extremely oily skin that does not dry easily, this may the perfect cleanser for you.

Cost: $18.50 at the Clinique counter
Is It Worth It: Not so much

No comments:

Post a Comment